Anyone can write an article–whether you’re actually into journalism or you just feel you have something to contribute, we would love to read whatever you have written. If you are passionate or knowledgeable about something that many are not, share it with us! Unfortunately, we do not publish every article we receive. If you follow all of the submission requirements, however, there is a very good chance your article will be published.
If there is an article topic you would like to see touched on by our magazine (but for whatever reason you are not interested in writing it yourself) don’t let the idea go to waste! Send us a message here with your idea and one of us or our team of co-writers may just write it for you.
Finally, if you have an article idea you do want to write about but are unsure if it is something we are looking for, send us a message with your idea here and we will tell you what we think. With that said, submitting an article out of the blue is 100% okay.
Without further ado, here are our submission requirements: (c’mon guys there’s only four!)
- Your topic must fit in with the overall content of our site. Hopefully, you get a feel for what we mean just by reading the articles we already have posted.
- We expect high-quality writing free of basic grammatical errors. We won’t discard the article just because of one typo, but we expect your writing to be already edited thoroughly and ready for publishing.
- The topic must be original. If you are unsure if your idea or something similar has already been posted, search our website using the magnifying glass at the top-right of the page using key terms from your article idea.
- Your article cannot contain any false or misleading information, such as incorrect facts or statistics. Please just be careful where you get your information because we will be fact-checking.
- The article must be your own work. Plagiarism is a no-no.
Our articles range from 500 words to 3000 words. However, we do not have any length requirements.
Commonly Asked Questions
Finally, here’s some more information to answer any questions you might have. Please read before submitting.
- We will not make any changes to your article. The exact words you submit will be the exact words we will publish. This is why we need your article to be in pristine condition for consideration.
- However, if your article shows extreme promise but has some errors, we will send you edits through Google Docs for you to look over and accept/reject our editing suggestions before publication.
- We encourage you to take full credit for what you write, but if you are uncomfortable doing so, you can publish your article as anonymous. Please indicate this when you submit your article. (This will not affect your chances of publication at all.) However, you must provide an email you check regularly so we can contact you. Your name and email address will remain confidential.
- If for any reason you want an article taken down in the future or your name changed to anonymous, contact us with the same email you submitted your article with and we will do our best to fulfill your request.
- After submitting, give us 1-2 weeks to let you know if we are planning on publishing your article. If for any reason you do not receive a response within three weeks, send us a follow-up email at email@example.com.
- We will respond to all submissions. With that said, if we respond saying your article is unable to be published, please do not be upset Most likely, your article simply just did not follow one or more of our requirements.
- If we email you saying we are planning on publishing your article, it may take us a while to post your article–we have a lot of articles lined up and it just depends where your article fits in that lineup. If we told you we will post it, we will post it.
By submitting an article, you agree that we have your permission to submit the article on our website if we choose to do so. You also understand that not all submissions will be published.
Writing for an up-and-coming magazine like Teen Insider is a great experience, and with our growing audience, can make a real impact. No work = no reward–so go submit that article! We look forward to reading your submission.